We are looking for an individual to join our team of innovative professionals. This position plays a key part of our future growth and improvement plans.
As an increasing number of companies are moving their critical systems to the cloud, we are looking for a people person with technical talent to help our clients navigate the operational challenges of cloud-based accounting. You will work one-on-one with our top-tier customers and will be expected to identify and grow new clientele in need of cloud accounting. Client services will include adaptation of software to customer needs and management of active services.
We are a CPA accounting firm that focuses on helping business owners grow and increase value. We use modern accounting technology combined with professional service to help our clients meet their financial goals. Our clients use us as trusted advisors and we work to match service options to meet their needs.
Our office is located in the beautiful town of Invermere, BC surrounded by the Rocky and Purcell Mountains Ranges. Most of our customers are from the Columbia Valley but we have the ability to expand services beyond this geographical region. The nearest cities to us are Cranbrook, BC (120km) and Calgary, AB (300km).
You enjoy working with people and you have a continuous desire to learn and improve. You are confident in your skills and are willing to share knowledge with others. Setting goals and achieving them is why you are successful. You look at working in pressure situations as a challenge worth conquering. (If this is you, keep reading…we are interested in having a chat.)
The Cloud Accounting Manager (you) focuses on a identifying and targeting a niche set of customers and matches cloud accounting solutions with their needs. In addition to being a point of contact, you will be involved with helping clients to plan, implement, and monitor their online accounting systems. Customer status and needs are reviewed with the senior accountant and the team on a regular basis. In addition to working directly with customers, you will formulate customer data into a format to be used in improving the firm’s strategic plans.
All positions in our firm are team positions. This position is meant to bring skills to the team that may be from outside traditional accounting. We believe a balance of skill sets is the best way for future firm growth.
Duties of the cloud accounting manager will evolve over time as needs change and technologies advance. The position duties will start with, but will not be limited to the following:
Implement, Manage, and Improve Cloud Accounting Services
- Cloud Administration
- Setup and implementation of cloud-based accounting systems
- Develop and maintain systems of online accounting that are to be shared with customers
- Manage with the senior accountant software education for team members
- Oversee and monitor the quality of cloud accounting solutions currently in place with customers
- Work within team members to resolve issues in cloud accounting systems being used by both the firm and clients
- Provide input to content and on ways to keep our website current
- Assist with establishing and maintaining an informative social media presence
- Team development
- Regular meetings with the senior accountant
- Confirming strategic plans are on track and within the current needs of customers
- Reviewing ongoing project status
- Reviewing new application or cloud options
- Regular meetings with the full team
- Informing team of ongoing projects and systems of cloud accounting
- Informing team of status of customer satisfaction
- Sharing ideas for new initiatives to meet customer needs
- Sharing information on how challenges will be addressed and overcome
We are looking for a candidate with:
- CPA (or enrolled in the program), BBA, BComm or equivalent designation
- Minimum of 3 years of public practice experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Motivation to produce high quality work
- A desire to work with a team of professionals
- A desire to evaluate new apps and implement them to make accounting better
- Advanced computer skills in but not limited to Quickbooks Online, Receipt Bank, T-sheets, Sage Business Cloud, Telpay, Caseware, Microsoft 365, Hubdocs, Profile or equivalent tax software, online payroll apps like Wagepoint
- A willingness to commit to continuous learning
- Motivated to foster innovation
This is a full-time, year-round position.
We offer flexibility to meet your family and personal needs when they arise and when changes happen.
If this sounds like a position you are meant for please send your cover letter and resume to Kendra Herbert at firstname.lastname@example.org